Of all the types of chocolate chip cookies, thin and crispy, thick and soft, soft and chewy, cake like, crisp and chewy….the most requested of all of these from my friends and family is……you got it….soft and chewy. I’ve created and tested so many chocolate chip recipes in my kitchen over the years, and I’ve tweaked this one the most. The addition of corn syrup adds to the chewy texture of these cookies. My friends, you’ve just got to make some of these today….your family will thank you, your friends will thank you, and well…then you’ll be tormented by all of them until you make the next batch. So come on you guys, let’s start baking!!!
First you’re gonna measure and pour the flour into a bowl.
Add the baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and mix well. Now set that aside, and let’s move on to better things…
Place two sticks of real butter in a large bowl.
and melt it in the microwave…
Now add the white and brown sugars. Mix well with a large spoon until the sugar has dissolved…
Now add the corn syrup, eggs and pure vanilla extract and mix well….
Next, add the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated but do not over mix…You’re gonna mix it a little bit more in a minute…
Now pour in the dark chocolate chips….or use whatever type that suits your fancy….
Now pour in the semi sweet chocolate chips, or again, whatever type suits your fancy….
Now add in the pecans….Now you can mix it again but only long enough to mix in the chips and nuts.
Now using a cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing the cookies at least two inches apart…
Place them in a 350 degree preheated oven and now let’s stop and talk. See the picture above? The cookies look very shiny and wet on top. These cookies are about 1 minute away from being ready to come out of the oven. Don’t, I repeat, don’t wait until the cookies look golden brown and totally dry on top before removing them from the oven. When the cookies lose most of their shine, and the top center of the cookies look just a slight bit shiny or doughy looking, go ahead and remove them from the oven.
and by the way….when I said place the cookies two inches apart, I meant it. Do as I say, not as I do. LOL. Allow the cookies to set on the cookie sheet for about one minute, (they will continue baking)….then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool…
Now stop for a minute and pour yourself a tall glass of milk, and enjoy a nice warm, thick and chewy cookie!!!
What the heck, make it three or four….
ENJOY my friends!!!
Soft, chewy, fully loaded with chocolate chips, pecans and flavor, describes these melt in your mouth Chocolate Chip cookies.
- 2 1/8 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 sticks real butter
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus one large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave. Add both of the sugars and mix until the sugars have dissolved.
- Add the corn syrup, vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just to incorporate.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough balls about two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on top and almost set in the center, (the center will look slightly doughy).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to set on the cookie sheet for about one minute, and transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and lock the kitchen door!!! Enjoy!