What do you get when you combine cream cheese, real butter, pure vanilla and powdered sugar? A delectable melt in your mouth frosting that pairs well with any cake or cupcake. I most recently used this delicious frosting on my Carrot Cake recipe, but it can be used on so many things…the options are endless. This frosting is so super quick and easy to make.
Here’s how I whipped it up…
I started by placing a block of softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl of my stand mixer. You can use a hand mixer as well…
Using my whisk attachment, I mixed the cream cheese on medium speed until it was really light and creamy and free of any lumps…Note: When using cream cheese, it’s important to mix it first to remove any lumps before adding the remaining ingredients…
Next I added some softened real butter and pure vanilla…
And mixed everything together on medium speed until light and creamy again…
Then I added some powdered sugar, one cup at a time on low speed…
Then I turned it to medium speed for about a minute…
Until it was light, creamy and really fluffy…
I used the frosting this time to frost my Carrot cake for Easter, but feel free to use this creamy delectable frosting on anything your heart desires!!
A light and creamy frosting made of butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened, 8 ounce
- 2 sticks real butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk, if needed
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, if using a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese on medium speed for about one minute until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about one more minute until combined and light and creamy again.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, on low speed until incorporated. Mix on medium speed for about one minute until real light and fluffy. If you add a little too much sugar, just add a tiny bit of milk to thin to the right consistency.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Yield: Frosts 24 cupcakes or up to a three layer 9″ cake.
- Frosting will keep for at one week in a refrigerator. Whip again for about one minute before using.
- Refrigerate if not eating the same day.