- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 cup salad dressing such as Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Paprika for sprinkling on tops
- Place eggs in a large pan and cover with at least one inch of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Let set for 15 minutes.
- Drain off hot water, and rinse eggs under cold water to stop the cooking process. Tilt the pan and allow eggs to roll into each other to crack the shells. Peel the eggs, holding them under cold running water if necessary, to easily remove the shells.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and place on a egg tray. Using a knife, gently remove the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the yolks in a small bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork or pastry blender. Add the pepper, salt, sugar, mustard and salad dressing and mix well.
- Fill a pastry bag with a small star tip, with the egg yolk mixture, and pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. (You can spoon the mixture into the egg whites if you don’t have a pastry bag).
- Sprinkle paprika over the tops of the eggs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.