I made these cheesy little quiches for my husband, Don, a few months ago and he has begged me to make them every weekend since. He did a huge favor for me this past weekend, so I finally caved. Then I watched him inhale five in one setting. They are pretty scrumptious and did I mention easy!!
It takes just a few minutes to prep the ingredients for these yummy little quiches and 20 minutes to bake them. The easy ingredients…eggs, half & half, spinach, bacon, peppers, onion, and cheddar cheese.
Mix everything together and pour into muffin tin cups…
These are also a great on-the-go breakfast. Make some and watch them disappear.Print
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked bacon, drained and diced into small pieces, (about 9 slices)
- 1/2 cup diced pepper, any color
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated*
- Additional cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fill muffin tin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until tops are slightly spongy and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on the tops.
- Immediately run a knife around each quiche and gently lift out of the cups with a small offset spatula.
- Serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers. Quiches are best if eaten the day they are made.
- * I used a bar of cheese and grated it on my box grater. Store bought pre-shredded cheese comes with a waxy coating on the cheese. The bar cheese does not and tastes much better.
- ** Prep time includes cooking bacon and prepping vegetables and cheese.