I fell in love with this crunchy, perfectly seasoned snack when my sister shared it with me at Christmas. It sure was a welcomed break from all of the sugary sweets, and I was so delightfully surprised at the taste. I couldn’t stop eating it! This crunchy delight has just the perfect hint of brown sugar, cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie spice. The original recipe comes from the Chex cereal website and it’s another one of those easy 10 minute snacks. We slightly adapted the original recipe, omitting our least favorite flavor of cereal. I thought I’d share it, because it would be a great New Year’s snack. I’m not going to bother illustrating this simple recipe so here it is…
A crunchy snack made of cereal, pecans, brown sugar and a pinch of spice.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla extract
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 8 ounces pecan halves
- Mix together the brown sugar and Pumpkin Pie spice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Mix in the vanilla and set aside.
- Add the cereals and pecans to a large microwave safe bowl. Drizzle the butter/vanilla mixture over the cereal and mix with a spatula to evenly coat the cereal. Sprinkle the brown sugar/spice mix over the cereal and mix with a spatula to evenly distribute.
- Microwave on high for 4- 5 minute, long enough to slightly brown mixture, stopping and mixing after each minute. Spread onto a cookie sheet to cool. Store in a storage bag or air tight container.
- Yields: 6 cups
- The flavors really come togther on this snack after one day. It’s best to make it at least one day prior to eating.
- You can make this recipe up to two weeks prior to eating, but make sure it’s stored in an airtight bag or container.