This week has been a hot one here in Kentucky and the time of year when I like to think about cool desserts like cheesecake or ice cream. That’s exactly what I was thinking about when I decided to whip up these cool little Red White and Blue Cheesecake Bites. I couldn’t get over how easy these were to make and not surprised at how quickly they disappeared…
I started these by making a quick graham cracker crust, followed by a wonderful creamy cheesecake filling. I baked them for a few minutes and added a sour cream topping to give them a slight bit of tang and baked them for a few more minutes. That simple! Once they were chilled, I garnished them with blueberries and strawberries.
And sneaked one before serving them so I would be sure to get one. Hey, if you’re planning to go to a July 4th or any Summer get together, these would be the perfect take along dessert. Easy peasy!!
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- 2 cream cheese, 8 ounce, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- Fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two muffin tins with 24 paper liners.
- Combine the butter and cracker crumbs in a medium bowl until well combined. Add about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture to each muffin cup holder. Use a spoon to press the crumbs into the bottom of each paper liner. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high speed until cream cheese is very light and creamy and free of any lumps. Add the sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Using a large cookie scoop, distribute filling between the 24 paper liners. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until cheesecakes are set. Do not over bake. Remove from oven.
- Whisk together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Spread one tablespoon of the topping mixture over the top of each cheesecake. Return cheesecakes to oven. Bake for ten minutes and remove from oven.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool completely and remove from muffin tins. Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- Garnish the tops with blueberries and sliced strawberries and serve.