As warmer weather approaches, we start to crave those thirst quenching cool summer drinks. This recipe for Strawberry Lemonade comes from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, and is a delightful twist on lemonade. My whole family, adults and kids, enjoyed this delightful drink.
Here’s how I made it…
First I washed, hulled and halved some fresh strawberries…
Then I poured the strawberries, some sugar and water in my blender….
And pureed the mixture…
And poured it into a drink dispenser. This recipe makes one gallon of lemonade, and I used a two gallon dispenser, since I don’t have a smaller one, but feel free to use a regular tea pitcher…
Next, I squeezed several fresh lemons into the strawberry mixture. I used to have my hubby, Don, squeeze the lemons for me in any of my lemon recipes, so was I really surprised when he came home with this little lemon squeezer gadget one day? Nope…not at all…
And I used a strainer to catch-all of the seeds…Note: The second time I made this recipe, I also strained the strawberries. Believe it or not, the strainer does catch some of those small strawberry seeds.
Then I ended up with a puree mix of strawberries and lemon juice…
Next, I added several cups of water and some additional sugar…
And that’s it…Done! When I make this in the future, and serve it on a hot day outdoors, I will puree extra strawberries and freeze some into ice cubes, along with some lemon juice, and add just before serving outdoors…
Cindy @ My Country TablePrint
A thirst quenching, satisfying, delightful strawberry lemonade!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice, 10 large lemons
- 12 cups water, divided
- Wash, hull and halve strawberries.
- Add the strawberries, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a blender and puree.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a strainer over a pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Add the remaining sugar and 11 cups of water and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- I pureed the strawberries, sugar and water, one half at a time in my blender.
- Additional strawberry puree and lemon juice can be frozen in ice trays, to add to the lemonade just before serving.
- Additional sugar can be added if you desire a sweeter lemonade.
- Serving Size: 8