These soft & thick cookies will become your favorite when you’re looking for a cookie that’s not too rich or sweet, yet delicious!
- 3 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces, softened
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting tops
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the cake flour and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until it’s smooth and creamy and free of any lumps. Add the butter and mix until it’s incorporated with the cream cheese and the mixture is light and creamy. Add the sugar, eggs, and extracts and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients one third at a time and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop scoops of dough onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for approximately 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottoms and around the edges. The cookies should still be very light in color on the tops.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for one minute on cookies sheets. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Once cookies are cool, dust with a light coating of powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
- Cookies will stay fresh for up to one week.
These cookies are an excellent cookie for freezing. Make ahead and store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Layer them between layers of wax paper before freezing.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
Keywords: cookies, cream cheese cookies, soft cookies, almond cookies, holiday cookies,