Soft and buttery, these biscuits melt in your mouth and are the easiest biscuit you’ll ever make.
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups full fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the butter in an 8 x 8 inch microwavable baking dish and melt in the microwave or oven. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk and mix just to combine. Mixture will be sticky and wet.
- Transfer the dough into the baking dish over the melted butter. Using a spoon or spatula, press the dough evenly across dish and into each corner. Don’t worry if the butter oozes up over the edges of the dough. Using a sharp knife, cut through the dough cutting it into nine equal squares.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Serve hot. No butter needed!
- You can use milk instead of the buttermilk if desired. Biscuits will still be great but a little less buttery.
- Store covered but no need to refrigerate.