Thin crunchy and buttery Cashew Brittle is delicious and easy to make. Make several batches and give as gifts. It stays fresh for days.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped roasted & salted cashews (I used Simple Truth)
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt to a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Continue cooking over medium heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees (a hard ball) on a candy thermometer. Add the cashews and continue cooking until mixture reaches 290 degrees (a hard crack) on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat. Note: If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you can check the candy in cold water. Click here to see how to test candy in cold water.
- Add the butter, vanilla and baking soda and beat until frothy.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread thin with a spatula. Allow candy to set for 1 to 2 hours until set, or place in a freezer for 15 minutes.
- Break the brittle into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
Candy will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- This candy freezes well.
- Category: Candy
Keywords: cashew brittle, candy, brittle, Christmas candy, Holiday candy,