Sweet fresh strawberries filled with a creamy homemade cheesecake filling.
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 ounce, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 2 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a 1″ deep cookie sheet on the lowest oven rack and fill the cookie sheet half full of water. The upper oven rack should be in the middle position.
- Butter the insides and bottom of a 9″ round cake pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese on medium speed, until it is very smooth and free of all lumps.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the buttered cake pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cheesecake is set in the middle and doesn’t wiggle when you shake the pan. Do not over bake.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let it completely cool while preparing strawberries.
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the stems off and cut strawberries in half. Using the tip of a knife, cut out the small center part of each strawberry halve.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the strawberries.
- Crush two whole graham crackers into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crumbs over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 30