Soft, chewy, fully loaded with chocolate chips, pecans and flavor, describes these melt in your mouth Chocolate Chip cookies.
- 2 1/8 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 sticks real butter
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus one large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave. Add both of the sugars and mix until the sugars have dissolved.
- Add the corn syrup, vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just to incorporate.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough balls about two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on top and almost set in the center, (the center will look slightly doughy).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to set on the cookie sheet for about one minute, and transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and lock the kitchen door!!! Enjoy!