These deviled eggs are devilish creamy and delicious and always disappear within minutes when served. They are known for making an appearance on Easter dinner tables. Make sure you make plenty of them because they are loved by both young and old!!
It wouldn’t be Easter without Deviled Eggs, now would it? These creamy yolk-filled egg whites are loved by kids and adults alike. Deviled Eggs can be fixed so many different ways, but at Easter, our family likes the good old traditional ones like Grandma use to make. These are also so easy and quick to make, and I always have to make plenty. I see why many consider these an appetizer, (you know, before the main meal), because they usually get eaten at my house before I have time to get the rest of the food on the table…
Here’s what I did to make these perfect deviled eggs…
Top Left – I sliced some hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and removed the yolks. I arranged the egg white halves on a serving dish and set them aside.
Top Right – I added the egg yolks to a bowl and used my pastry blender to cut through the yolks until they were in fine pieces. Then I added some miracle whip, mustard, sugar, salt & pepper to the egg yolks.
Bottom Left – I mixed all the ingredients together until the mixture was very smooth and creamy. It’s important to get any lumps out of the mixture, using a fork is necessary to press out any small lumps.
Bottom Right – I transferred the egg filling to a pastry bag and piped it into the egg white halves. I used a Wilton 8B tip, but feel free to use any piping tip or simply spoon the filling into the egg whites.
Then all I did was sprinkle paprika over the eggs. I like to fill the egg whites with the filling just minutes before serving them.
Click here to see my tips on how to cook and easily peel the perfect hard-boiled egg.Print
These creamy deviled eggs are loved by both young and old, so make you sure make plenty of them. They are great as an appetizer or as a side with the main meal. Either way, they disappear quickly!
- 1 dozen large hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1/2 cup salad dressing such as Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Paprika for sprinkling on tops
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and place on a serving tray. Using a small spoon, gently remove the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork or pastry blender, making sure to mash out all lumps. Add the salad dressing, mustard, pepper, salt, and sugar and mix until all ingredients are well combined and the mixture is very creamy.
- Transfer the egg filling to a pastry bag, fitted with your choice of piping tip, and pipe the egg filling into the egg whites. (You can spoon the mixture into the egg whites if you don’t have a pastry bag or tip).
- Sprinkle paprika over the tops of the eggs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.
Keywords: perfect deviled eggs, deviled eggs, boiled eggs, creamy deviled eggs,