Anytime I fix fried apples, it takes me back to my childhood when my mother would fix a large country breakfast with biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs and fried apples. As soon as I awoke and smelled the heavenly aroma of gravy, bacon and apples frying, I was the first one down the stairs and sitting at the kitchen table. Ya know, come to think of it, my mother never had to ring the dinner bell for me, or the breakfast bell…. I was always there and waiting…. Well anyhow…getting back to the fried apples, they are so easy to make and are so…wonderful atop a homemade biscuit that is slathered in real butter. They are just slightly sweet with a touch of cinnamon, and as they fry a nice little syrupy cinnamon like glaze forms. Just give me some hot homemade buttered biscuits my friends…that’s all I need…it’s the little things in life that make me happy
Make some of these for breakfast my friends…you won’t regret it….I promise!!
Okay time to get started…
Peel and quarter four large granny smith apples, and quarter again….
Now melt 1/2 stick of real butter in a large skillet….
Now dump the apples into the butter…
Now sprinkle on some sugar…..
Now shake on some cinnamon….oh yes…don’t forget the cinnamon….
Now cover the skillet with a lid and turn the heat down to medium low…
After about 3-4 minutes, remove the lid and stir them around some with a spatula or wooden spoon and replace the lid.
Now let them simmer, lifting the lid every 3-4 minutes to stir the apples, until they are very tender. Oh my….do you see the syrupy glaze forming? Wonderful….Now go get those hot buttered biscuits and get ready….
If this isn’t a bite of heaven, I don’t know what is…..
Your foodie friend,
Crisp, tart Granny Smith apples that are simmered to tender perfection in a cinnamon sugar syrup!
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, (or more depending on how sweet you like them)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel the apples and quarter them, then quarter them again.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the apples into the melted butter. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a lid on the skillet and simmer over medium low heat, stirring the apples every 3-4 minutes. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the apples are very fork tender. Remove from the heat.
- Serve on hot buttered biscuits!!
- Serving Size: 4