Crisp, tart Granny Smith apples that are simmered to tender perfection in a cinnamon sugar syrup!
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, (or more depending on how sweet you like them)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel the apples and quarter them, then quarter them again.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the apples into the melted butter. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a lid on the skillet and simmer over medium low heat, stirring the apples every 3-4 minutes. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the apples are very fork tender. Remove from the heat.
- Serve on hot buttered biscuits!!
- Serving Size: 4