A light and creamy frosting made of butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened, 8 ounce
- 2 sticks real butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk, if needed
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, if using a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese on medium speed for about one minute until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about one more minute until combined and light and creamy again.
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, on low speed until incorporated. Mix on medium speed for about one minute until real light and fluffy. If you add a little too much sugar, just add a tiny bit of milk to thin to the right consistency.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Yield: Frosts 24 cupcakes or up to a three layer 9″ cake.
- Frosting will keep for at one week in a refrigerator. Whip again for about one minute before using.
- Refrigerate if not eating the same day.