These Creamed Peas With New Potatoes are covered with a creamy delectable white sauce. They are even better with homegrown fresh peas. Delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds new red small potatoes, peeled
- 1 bag frozen baby sweet peas, 13 ounce
- 6 tablespoons real butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peper
- 3 cups milk
- Cook the peas and potatoes in two separate pots until tender but not mushy. Meantime make the white sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper and immediately start whisking. Whisk for at least one minute, giving the flour taste time to cook out.
- Add the milk and continue whisking slowly over medium heat. Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. This might take ten to fifteen minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour over the drained peas and potatoes and serve.
- Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes can be substituted for the red potatoes if desired, but make sure they are cut small.
- Fresh garden peas can be used instead of frozen peas, if you’re lucky enough to have them.
- Serving Size: 4