A tender mix of diced potatoes, red pepper and onions, topped off with lots of shredded cheddar.
- Canola oil, or oil of your choice, for frying
- 1 bag frozen diced hash brown potatoes, 32 ounces, thawed
- 1/2 of one large red pepper, diced, or pepper of your choice
- 4 whole green onions diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bag of diced potatoes in the refrigerator the night before for thawing.
- Dice the red pepper and onions and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add enough canola oil to coat the bottom of the skillet and be about 1/8″ deep.
- Once the oil has heated up, pour the diced potatoes into the skillet. Add the red pepper, onion, salt and black pepper. Toss and mix frequently with a wire spatula, until the potatoes become fork tender. Add a little additional oil if needed.
- When potatoes become fork tender, remove the skillet from the heat. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss the potatoes with the cheese and gently mix in the cheese, allowing it to melt.
- Serve hot topped with additional shredded cheese if desired.
- These potatoes are so versatile. Feel free to change up the cheese, or pepper, or add in cooked bacon or sausage pieces.
- Serving Size: 6