- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick real butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon half & half
- Coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes. Add to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- Add the potatoes and butter to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed until the potatoes are smooth and free of any lumps. Add the brown sugar, half & half and spices and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds to incorporate. Fold in the pecans, if using.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
If you prepare the potatoes before your meal is ready, place them in an oven proof dish, cover with foil, and place in a 200-degree oven to keep warm.
- Category: Sides
Keywords: sweet potatoes, mashed, whipped, spiced, easy,