Sautéed onions and mushrooms lend a ton of flavor to this green bean and carrot medley!
- 8 ounce, about 1 1/2 cups, fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut lengthwise into halves, then into 1 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a 2 quart pan, heat about an inch of water to boiling. Add the beans and carrots. Heat to boiling and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes until almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet; saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter over medium heat, until they are almost tender, about 4-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, carrots, salt, garlic salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes and serve.
- Nancy uses White Button mushrooms, but you can use any kind.
- This recipe serves about 5-6. You might consider tripling this recipe when making on a holiday.
- Serving Size: 5