These Grilled Chinese Chicken Kabobs are soaked overnight in a delicious marinade, made of Asian sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick brown sugar bourbon seasoning
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds, skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size piece
- Mix together all ingredients except for the chicken in a medium bowl and transfer the mixture to a gallon-size resealable freezer bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Shake and manipulate the bag until all of the chicken is coated with the marinade mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Soak 5 to 6 long wooden skewers in water for at least 45 minutes. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Run each skewer through pieces of chicken until the skewer is 3/4 full of chicken. Discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken kabobs on a grill over medium heat. Cook until chicken is done, turning it once. This takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Test chicken by pulling one piece of chicken off of a skewer and breaking it apart.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Rice Vinegar can be found next to regular vinegar in your grocery store.
- Sesame Oil can be found in the Asian aisle in your grocery store.
- If you don’t have sesame oil, you can use canola oil in this recipe and it will still be good. I’ve done it in a pinch.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
Keywords: grilled chicken kabobs, chicken kabobs, Chinese chicken kabobs,