These Hamburger Steaks are a quick & easy weeknight meal and I love to fix them on a chilly evening when you need a hot comforting meal to warm you up. They are delicious and satisfying!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck, 80/20
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion cut in half then sliced
- 1 can beef broth, 14 ounces, plus enough water to make 2 cups
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Add the flour to a shallow edged dish and set aside.
- Add the ground chuck, diced onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper to a medium-sized bowl. Gently combine the ingredients by lightly mixing with your hands. Don’t squeeze the meat as you mix or you’ll have tough steak patties when they’re cooked. Form the meat mixture into 4 to 5 steak patties, depending on what size you want.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip the steak patties in the flour on both sides and fry them in the heated skillet until they are browned on each side and cooked through. Remove them from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onions are tender and translucent about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the beef broth, water, flour, salt, pepper, Kitchen Bouquet, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mixture to the skillet with the onions and whisk constantly over medium heat, until the mixture thickens. Return the hamburger steaks back to the skillet and simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
- Kitchen Bouquet is a seasoning sauce that browns and seasons gravy with a delicious depth of flavor. Don’t omit it from this recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hamburger steaks, salisbury steaks, hamburger patties, ground chuck steaks,