With just 2 simple ingredients, all-purpose flour & cornstarch, you can make homemade cake flour substitute. The secret is to sift the flour twice and use the exact amount of cornstarch! Use this quick and easy recipe the next time you need cake flour and don’t have any on hand.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Measure out 1 cup of flour, by spooning the flour into a 1 cup measuring cup and leveling it off with the edge of a knife.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, remove 2 tablespoons of the flour and return it to your flour canister.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together into a bowl, then sift again.
- Remeasure the flour for your recipe. It’s important to remeasure the flour because once it’s been sifted, you might have a tiny bit more than 1 cup.
- Go bake your favorite cake.
- Category: Baking/Cooking Tips
Keywords: Cake flour substitute, cake flour, homemade cake flour, how to make cake flour,