Kentucky Mint Julep is a minty refreshing Kentucky bourbon drink. You can mix one up in five minutes and enjoy it while watching the race!
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Crushed Ice
- Kentucky Bourbon
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Make a simple syrup by heating water to almost boiling. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the mint and let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Add crushed ice to a Julep glass or tumbler.
- Add 1/1/2 ounces of Kentucky Bourbon.
- Add 2/12 teaspoons of the syrup, or to your taste, and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaf and serve.
- The simple syrup makes enough for about three dozen drinks. Recipe can be cut in half or stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
- Category: Drinks
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: kentucky mint julep, mint julep, kentucky derby,