These light and fluffy pancakes are covered in a tart lemony curd and are simply delicious!!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese, such as Galbani
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together egg yolks, vanilla, vegetable oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, buttermilk and Ricotta cheese.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk just to combine. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Whisk on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter. There should be some white streaks of egg white still visible in the batter.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto a buttered hot griddle. Flip pancakes over once you see air bubbles start to form on top. Remove pancakes from griddle once the bottoms are golden brown.
- Top with fresh lemon curd and fresh fruit or marinated berries and serve.