Once you bite into one of these Melt In The Mouth Cookies, you’ll see why they got their name. They are thin, buttery, and chewy and definitely melt in your mouth delicious! You might even want to double the batch. They are super addicting!!
- 1 stick real butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, I use pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed in the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand mixer, until the mixture is creamy, about one minute. Add the egg and vanilla and mix for about thirty seconds until the mixture becomes light and creamy. Add the dry ingredients and nuts and mix for an additional thirty seconds, just long enough to incorporate the dry ingredients and nuts.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by leveled off scoopfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, making sure to leave plenty of room for spreading.
- Bake for ten minutes and remove from oven. Allow cookies to sit for thirty seconds before removing from the cookie sheet. Using a sharp metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Due to the thinness of these cookies, it’s important to let them sit for thirty seconds before transferring them to a cooling rack. Do not let them set any longer than thirty seconds or they will begin to stick to the cookie sheet.
- The original recipe states to bake these cookies in a 400-degree oven for five minutes. I baked these in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes, and they turned out thin and chewy. Perfect!!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: melt in the mouth cookies