These Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings cannot be resisted when they come out of the oven. Mountain Dew partners with cinnamon, sugar, and butter to form a sweet syrupy bath for tender apples in these delicious dumplings.
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 can Mountain Dew, 12 ounces
- 8 pats butter, about 2/3 stick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the stick of butter in a 9 x 13 dish and melt in the preheated oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Peel and slice each apple into 8 equal thick slices.
- Pour half of the butter over the cinnamon and sugar mixture and mix to combine. Leave remaining butter in the baking dish.
- Open crescent rolls. Place two dough triangles at a time on a lightly floured counter or piece of wax paper. Place them together to form a rectangle pressing the seams together.
- Place two slices of apples on each rectangle. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place one pat of butter on top of apples. Bring the corners of dough up and over the apples seaming the sides together with your fingers.
- Place turnovers in baking dish on top of melted butter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the turnovers. Pour the Mountain Dew between and around but not directly on top of the turnovers.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until apples are tender when a knife is inserted into them. Turnovers should be golden brown on top.
- Spoon the syrupy mixture over the turnovers.
- Turnovers are best when served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.