This Oatmeal Banana Bread is incredibly moist and slightly chewy and it’s delicious by itself or slathered with butter. Just a tiny hint of warm cinnamon complements the flavor of this delicious bread even more.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick real butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed, about 4 medium
- 1 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add the melted butter and sugars to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, (or use a hand mixer). Using the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugars for about one minute at medium speed, until the mixture is light and smooth. Add the eggs and mix for about one additional minute until the mixture looks light and lemony. Add the vanilla, buttermilk, mashed bananas, and oatmeal and mix for an additional 30 seconds at medium speed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix at low speed for about 30 seconds, just long enough to incorporate the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread the batter out evenly. Tap the loaf pan lightly on a countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake the bread until it’s golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. The baked bread should have a long vertical crack along the top.
- Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan a couple of times. Allow the bread to sit for five minutes. Invert the bread onto a wire cooling rack and turn it over, with the top facing up. Allow the bread to completely finish cooling, before slicing
- Slice bread and serve at room temperature or slightly warmed or toasted.
Store bread in an airtight container.
- This bread freezes wonderfully. Make sure to wrap it twice in plastic wrap, then heavy foil. Date it and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal banana bread, banana bread, oatmeal bread, bread, quick bread,