There’s no marshmallow creme in this Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge. That’s right this is pure creamy peanut butter fudge and it’s downright addicting! I make this at Christmas and any time I get the urge for some pure peanut butter flavor!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 2 very heaping tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, I use pecans
- Line a 8 x 8 square baking dish with foil, leaving the foil hanging over the sides for easy removal. Lightly butter the foil.
- Combine the sugar, milk or half & half, and corn syrup in a 2 quart pan over medium heat. Stir mixture slowly but constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking and stirring constantly until the mixture reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer or forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water, removing the pan from the heat each time you do a water test.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add the butter, Vanilla and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add nuts, if using, and mix in. Immediately spread in prepared dish.
- Place candy in a freezer or cold place until the candy is totally cooled. Cut and serve or store in an airtight container.
- Candy will stay fresh for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Category: Candy
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 16
Keywords: peanut butter fudge, fudge, old fashioned fudge,