Moist deep chocolate balls dipped in white chocolate. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!
- 1 package Oreo Cookies, (not double stuff)
- 1 package Cream Cheese, softened, 8 oz.
- 2 bags white chocolate chip morsels, 12 oz.
- grated chocolate for garnish, optional
- Place the whole Oreos, a few at a time, in a blender or food processor, and process to a fine consistency. Place the Oreo crumb mixture in a large bowl. Add the softened cream cheese and using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place the balls in a freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt one bag of the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stopping to stir the chocolate after each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted. Half way through the process, you will need to melt the second bag of chips.
- Place a toothpick in the very top center of each ball and dip balls into the melted chocolate, rolling to coat all sides. Place each ball on wax paper. Use a second toothpick to gently push down on each ball as you are removing the first toothpick from the ball. Using the toothpick you removed, gently swirl the chocolate on top of each ball to cover the toothpick hole.
- Garnish the top of each ball with grated chocolate, if desired.
- Once the chocolate sets up and you can pick up the balls, use a sharp knife to trim off any excess chocolate around the bottom edges of balls. Place balls in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.