These are your favorite childhood treats taken up a notch, with lots of crushed and broken Oreos and extra marshmallows. You will be making these treats SO many times!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 12- ounce bag of large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 finely crushed oreo cookies, including filling
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, filling removed
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the large marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat, and add the vanilla, salt, and crushed Oreos. Mix to combine. Add the mini marshmallows, chopped Oreos, and the cereal. Mix until all of the cereal and chopped Oreos are coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an 11 x 7 inch dish. Using a lightly buttered spatula or folded piece of wax paper, gently pat the mixture evenly into the bottom and corners of the pan. Don’t press the mixture any harder than you need to. Rice cereal crushes easily, and you don’t want to compress the mixture too much. You want a mixture that is more light and airy than compressed.
- Allow the treats to set for about 1/2 hour or refrigerate them for a few minutes. Cut them into squares and place in an airtight container. I recommend placing pieces of wax paper between the layers.
- Treats will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
For extra thick treats, you can use a 9 x 9 pan, or for thinner treats, use a 9 x 13 dish or pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispie treats, oreo krispie treats, krispie treats,