This Peanut Butter Fudge has marshmallow cream for an extra creamy, fluffy texture and it’s super easy to make.
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine, (not butter)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, one 5 ounce can
- 1 dry measuring cup slightly rounded of creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 jar Marshmallow Creme, 7 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Line a 9″ x 9″ pan or dish with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over the edges for easy removal.
- Combine the sugar, margarine and evaporated milk in a large pan. Mix and bring to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the mixture starts to bubble, continue stirring and time candy for exactly 4 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the marshmallow creme and mix well again. Mix in nuts if desired.
- Spread the fudge into the prepared dish. Place in a freezer or cold place until the fudge becomes completely cooled.
- Lift the foil and candy from the dish and onto a counter. Cut the fudge into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Fudge will stay fresh for up to two weeks.
- Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
- Do not use real butter in this recipe or it will make the fudge too greasy when combined with the peanut butter.
- The original recipe for this classic fudge called for cooking it 5 minutes. That’s when small cans of evaporated milk came in 6-ounce cans. Nowadays the milk comes in 5-ounce cans, thus decreasing the cooking time to 4 1/2 minutes.
- Category: Candy
- Serving Size: 20
Keywords: peanut butter fudge, candy, peanut butter, fudge, creamy, Christmas candy, holiday candy,