This Peanut Butter Frosting is super creamy, smooth, and flavorful, and it’s perfect on chocolate cakes and cupcakes, or anything else you want to spread it on! Oh, and it also takes just minutes to make!!
I feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t like the flavor of peanut butter. It just tastes SO great in so many recipes and this frosting recipe is certainly no exception. This frosting is so creamy and the peanut butter shines through. It spreads nicely and I love frosting cakes and cupcakes with it. This is a small batch recipe. However, it can easily be doubled. This recipe will generously frost 12 cupcakes.
TIPS FOR PERFECT PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- Use room temperature butter. Don’t use cold butter and don’t use slightly melted butter.
- Don’t use natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is too greasy and has too much oil.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter long enough. Turn your mixture to medium-high and whip the butter and peanut butter until it’s really light and fluffy at least one minute.
- Sift the powdered sugar. Measure the powdered sugar first, then sift it into the recipe.
- Use 10X powdered sugar. It’s the finest textured powdered sugar and melts quickly into the wet ingredients. When you buy powdered sugar, it will say 10X or 5X on the bag. 10X is the most common one found on grocery shelves.
- Beat it again! Once the sugar is added, turn the mixer on low until the sugar is incorporated. Then turn the mixer to medium-high and keep beating until the mixture becomes very light and creamy again at least 2 minutes.
- Add the milk or cream a little at a time. The milk or cream should be added a little at a time. When the frosting becomes the perfect spreading consistency stop adding milk.
Check out my recipe for Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting.
Yep…chocolate and peanut butter were just meant to be together!
This recipe makes enough to generously frost 12 cupcakes! I doubled it for the above chocolate cupcakes.Print
This creamy Peanut Butter Frosting is just that…super creamy and fully flavored with creamy peanut butter.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Add peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until it’s well incorporated. Mix on medium speed until creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Add the cream and mix on high speed until mixture is very light and smooth.
- Frost your favorite cupcakes or cake.
- This frosting is enough to frost 12 cupcakes generously. It can easily be doubled to frost 24 cupcakes or 1 two-layer cake.
- You can make the frosting ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it. Simply remove it from the refrigerator and whip it with a mixer for about 1 minute.
- Category: Frostings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter frosting, peanut butter, frosting