This creamy Peanut Butter Frosting is just that…super creamy and fully flavored with creamy peanut butter.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Add peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until it’s well incorporated. Mix on medium speed until creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Add the cream and mix on high speed until mixture is very light and smooth.
- Frost your favorite cupcakes or cake.
- This frosting is enough to frost 12 cupcakes generously. It can easily be doubled to frost 24 cupcakes or 1 two-layer cake.
- You can make the frosting ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it. Simply remove it from the refrigerator and whip it with a mixer for about 1 minute.
- Category: Frostings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter frosting, peanut butter, frosting