The additions of sour cream and creamed corn add extra moistness and flavor to these Perfect Corn Muffins. They are perfect with a bowl of homemade navy beans and ham or served with butter and jam and they take five minutes to prepare!
This is my go-to recipe for corn muffins. These corn muffins are soft and moist with just the right amount of corn for added flavor. They are good old fashioned corn muffins and the only sweetness comes from the creamed corn. If you want a sweet muffin you can add sugar to the recipe.
If you have time to mix up a box of muffin mix, you have time to mix up the batter for these homemade corn muffins. It literally takes 5 minutes to mix up the batter and 30 minutes to bake them.
Tip: You can use paper liners for these muffins if you prefer. My preference is to grease the muffins tins really well and add the batter. When the muffins finish baking, I run a thin sharp knife around the edges and invert the pan to remove the muffins.
If you love these Perfect Corn Muffins, you might also like this delicious Corn Pudding Casserole.Print
These corn muffins are moist and tender on the inside and packed full of corn. They are great with a pot of soup beans or slathered with butter and your favorite jam. This will become your favorite corn muffin recipe!
- 1 cup self rising corn meal, white or yellow
- 1/2 cup cooking oil, (I use canola)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream style corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the cups of a 6 count jumbo or 12 count regular muffin tin with Crisco. Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven for 5 minutes while preparing the batter.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl and divide the batter evenly between the muffin tin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- Serve hot!
- Muffins will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- These muffins go great with navy or pinto beans, or hot with some butter and homemade jam.
- This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular size muffins.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
Keywords: corn muffins