These S’mores Krispie Treats are topped with marshmallows and chocolate chips. They get placed under a broiler for a quick minute resulting in a topping of toasted marshmallows and melty chocolate. A great Summer treat and no campfire needed!
I love the endless ways you can put a different spin on regular rice krispie treats. When I want to make a quick treat for my grandkids or friends but I’m short on time, I always whip up a batch of krispie treats and I make them different each time. This S’mores version is always a hit and they take 15 minutes to make. They’re a great treat to make in the summer and they look and taste just like you made them over the campfire
I love how you can impress guests of all ages with these easy treats that look like they took some time and effort to make.
Here’s all you do to whip up a batch of these delicious treats…
- Add some butter to a pan and melt it. Then add a bag of miniature marshmallows.
- Stir it constantly over medium heat until all of the marshmallows are melted. Remove it from the heat and add some vanilla.
- Add rice krispie cereal and crushed graham crackers and mix well.
- Add more whole marshmallows and stir the mixture until they are just slightly gooey.
We’re not done yet…
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle more miniature marshmallows over the top along with some chocolate chips.
- Place under a broiler for about 1 minute until the marshmallows are nicely toasted and remove. The chocolate chips will be just slightly melted. Sometimes I use the tip of a knife and run back and forth through the chocolate to spread it out more, but that’s just me. You don’t have to do that.
These S’mores Krispie Treats are loaded with marshmallows and topped with more marshmallows and chocolate chips. They get placed under a broiler for a quick minute resulting in a topping of toasted marshmallows and melty chocolate.
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows, 10 ounce
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and mix to blend in. Add the cereal and graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Add one cup of the marshmallows and mix the whole marshmallows into the cereal mixture. They will just slightly melt.
- Spread the mixture into a 9 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle the remaining cup of marshmallows over the top of the mixture, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Place the pan under an oven broiler and broil for one to two minutes, until the marshmallows are brown and toasted on top. Don’t walk away! Immediately remove from oven.
- Let cool and cut into squares and serve.
- When crumbling the graham crackers, the crumbled pieces should be no bigger than the size of the cereal. I used my rolling pin and mine was a mixture of fine and coarse crumbs.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Cook
Keywords: Smore's Krispie Treats, Rice Krispie Treats, Bars,