These S’mores Krispie Treats are loaded with marshmallows and topped with more marshmallows and chocolate chips. They get placed under a broiler for a quick minute resulting in a topping of toasted marshmallows and melty chocolate.
- 1/2 stick real butter
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows, 10 ounce
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and mix to blend in. Add the cereal and graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Add one cup of the marshmallows and mix the whole marshmallows into the cereal mixture. They will just slightly melt.
- Spread the mixture into a 9 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle the remaining cup of marshmallows over the top of the mixture, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Place the pan under an oven broiler and broil for one to two minutes, until the marshmallows are brown and toasted on top. Don’t walk away! Immediately remove from oven.
- Let cool and cut into squares and serve.
- When crumbling the graham crackers, the crumbled pieces should be no bigger than the size of the cereal. I used my rolling pin and mine was a mixture of fine and coarse crumbs.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Cook
Keywords: Smore's Krispie Treats, Rice Krispie Treats, Bars,