These cute and adorable Snow Globe Cupcakes are topped with the cutest edible snow globe, made with edible gelatin bubbles. You can fill the snow globes with edible or toy miniature figures and the snow globes are edible.
- 8 baked cupcakes
- 1 cup white frosting, canned or homemade
- flaked coconut
- Edible or toy cupcakes toppers, such as reindeer, snowman, etc.
- 8 gelatin bubbles
- Frost each cupcake with a piping bag fitted with a round piping tip, or use a small offset spatula. Pipe or spread a thin layer of frosting on top of each cupcake, leaving a margin around the edges of about 1/4 inch, so the gelatin bubble can totally enclose the frosting.
- Dip the top of each cupcake in the coconut. Add an edible or toy cupcake topper to each cupcake. If the topper tends to fall over, place a tootpick in the cupcake behind the topper for support. Set the cupcakes aside until you have made the gelating bubbles.
- Once you’ve made the gelatin bubbles, carefully trim off the bottom of each gelatin bubble, making the opening in the bottom large enough to fit around the frosting on the cupcakes. Carefully place a gelatin bubble on top of each cupcake. The bubbles will last indefinitely as long as they are not exposed to moisture. Do not refrigerate them.
Please see the original recipe at https://www.sugarhero.com/snow-globe-cupcakes-gelatin-bubbles. Elizabeth is the genius creator of these wonderful cupcakes and she shares step by step photos plus a video tutorial of how to make these amazing cupcakes.
- Category: Cupcakes
Keywords: holiday cupcakes, Christmas cupcakes, cupcakes, snow globe cupcakes, Christmas desserts,