These snickerdoodles are soft and chewy and have a double dose of cinnamon. There’s cinnamon in the cookie dough, and the cookies get rolled in cinnamon sugar. Never enough cinnamon! They are awesomely delicious!
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled or aerated)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Mix on high speed until the butter is very light and creamy. Add the sugar and mix on medium-high speed until the sugar granules have dissolved into the butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined. Add the dry ingredients in thirds, mixing after each addition, just long enough to incorporate. Do not over mix.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop a scoopful of dough into the palm of your hand. Gently roll it into a perfect ball. Gently drop the ball in the bowl of cinnamon sugar, turning it until it is completely coated. Place the dough ball on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. They will still be slightly doughy on top but will finish baking when removed from the oven. If you pick up the edge of one with a metal spatula, they should be golden brown on the bottom as well as edges. Cookies will be slightly puffed up in the oven but will flatten as they cool. Remove cookies from oven and allow them to set on cookie sheet for about five minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling and store in an airtight container.
These cookies puff up in the oven but flatten as they cool
I used the smallest size cookie scoop for these cookies which yielded 34 good size cookies.
Cookies can be wrapped tightly and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: cookies, cinnamon, snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle cookies, soft and chewy cookies,