These Soft and Tender Buttermilk Drop Biscuits are the easiest biscuits you’ll ever make and you can mix and bake them within minutes! They are so easy, you just mix them and drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Easy!
- 1 stick real butter, cold
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup full fat buttermilk, or milk if you don’t have buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with solid shortening.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, trying to handle as little as possible, and set aside.
- Measure and level off flour and place it in a large bowl. Add the salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add the milk to the mixture and mix with the pastry cutter, just until the mixture comes together and forms a wet dough. Do not over mix.
- Drop the dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on the tops and bottoms.
- Remove from oven and brush the tops with butter and serve.
- For a soft and tender biscuit, make sure you mix just until the mixture forms a wet dough and stop mixing. This should only take a few seconds.
- Category: Breads/Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Buttermilk Drop Biscuits