These soft batch sugar cookies are soft, thick and full of flavor, then topped with a wonderful butter cream frosting. Yummy!
For the cookies
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks real butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Frosting
- 1/2 stick real butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Cookies
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed until very creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed just until it’s incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and mix on low speed, just until incorporated.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the dough onto greased cookie sheets, leaving plenty of room between them for spreading.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown and the tops are still light. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
For the Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar on low speed, one cup at a time and mix until blended.
- Add the milk and mix until creamy and smooth, adding a little more milk if needed for perfect spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting on cookies and let cookies set uncovered until the frosting sets up.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cookies will keep for three to four days.
- These cookies can be fixed without frosting, by sprinkling sugar or colored sugar crystals on top of cookies before baking.