This delicious Southern Pecan Pie shows up on many Thanksgiving dessert tables. Hidden inside of a sweet gooey filling are lots of crunchy pecans. It’s a Southern favorite!!
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9 inch, shallow
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, (extra large will work fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, very coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Position oven rack one slot from the bottom. This will prevent pecans from over browning before the filling gets done and will also ensure doneness of pie crust bottom.
- Add all ingredients except pecans to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour filling into the shallow pie crust. Place foil around edges of crust to prevent over browning. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until barely jiggly in the center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool completely before serving. Slicing is easier if pie has been refrigerated.
- Pie can be left unrefrigerated for up to two days.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: pecan pie, pie, fall pies, thanksgiving pies, thanksgiving desserts,