Southern Sweet Tea is the quintessential summer time drink at just about any outdoor gathering or picnic. Although many of us drink it year-round, it just seems to be the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day. It’s also the most quick and easiest of drinks to make. Make this quick and easy delicious sweet tea for your next outdoor gathering.
Here’s how I make it…
I fill a medium sauce pan with 6 cups of water, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 1/2 cups of sugar…
Then I bring it to a boil and remove it from the heat…
I use Louisiana Tea Bags…they’re my favorite, but use what you like…
I place three family size tea bags in the sugar-water and let them steep for 6-8 minutes…
Then I remove the tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature…
I pour it into a one gallon pitcher or dispenser and fill the pitcher the rest of the way full with cold water. I mix it with a spoon and that’s it….How quick and easy!!
Cindy @ My Country TablePrint
Southern & Sweet and the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day!
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 family size tea bags
- Cold Water
- Place the water, baking soda and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place three family size tea bags in the hot sugar water and let steep for about 6-8 minutes and discard tea bags.
- Let tea cool to room temperature and pour into a one gallon pitcher or drink dispenser. Add cold water to make one gallon.
- Pour over ice to serve.
- Make sure tea has completely cooled before pouring it into a glass pitcher or drink dispenser.
- For an extra sweet tea use an additional 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Serving Size: 8