This Vanilla Caramel Corn is the most addicting snack you will ever eat. Popcorn is coated with a homemade caramel made from brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and butter. It will disappear quickly and you’ll be making a second batch. It’s that good!!
- 1 box, (3 packs, 3.3 ounces each), butter flavored salted microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick real butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn in a microwave according to package directions. Sift through it and remove any unpopped kernels. Divide the popped corn into two large bowls and set aside, while making the caramel.
- In a 2 quart pan, combine the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Continue stirring and cook for three minutes. Slowly add in the milk, then the butter, while stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Blend in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel equally over the two bowls of popped corn. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix the caramel and popped corn together until all of the popped corn is coated with caramel.
- Spread the caramel corn equally between to buttered cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes and turn the caramel corn over one time with a spatula or pan cake turner. Bake for an additional 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Immediately scrape the caramel corn from the cookie sheets onto foil. Let caramel corn cool for about two minutes. Break into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 12