These slightly crunchy vanilla wafers are loaded with butter and vanilla flavor!
- 1 stick real unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg together on medium speed, until the mixture is very light and creamy. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed, only to incorporate.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop up small amounts of the dough and roll into small balls in the palm of your hand. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, leaving room between them for spreading.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until cookies are golden brown on the bottom and light on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
- Cookies will stay fresh for up to one week.
- If cookie dough seems too sticky, lightly flour your hands, or place cookie dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- If freezing cookies, place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in a freezer for 30 minutes to partially freeze. Place the cookies in a large freezer bag or container to finish freezing.