This light and fluffy salad is not overly sweet and is a perfect side to have with your Christmas ham.
- 1 can, 20 ounces, pineapple tidbits in juice, drain and reserve juice
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows or 24 large
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 small jars, 10 ounces each, Maraschino cherries, red or green, well drained. Reserve a few to garnish the top
- 1 pint or 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- Combine the reserved pineapple juice, marshmallows, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, while stirring constantly, until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and place in a freezer to cool completely.
- Pour the whipping cream into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk on low speed, gradually turning to high speed and whisk until the whipping cream forms stiff peaks.
- Add the cooled marshmallow mixture, pineapple tidbits, and cherries and fold in gently. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish the top with the reserved cherries.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving. The flavors are much better the day after this salad is made.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Category: Salads
Keywords: pineapple salad, fruit salad, Christmas salad, white Christmas salad, desserts, Christmas desserts, Christmas salads,