This recipe has graced my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table for over 35 years. I’m sure this popular recipe appears on many holiday dinner tables, and I’d love to thank the person who created this wonderful recipe many years ago. Although, this recipe greatly populates Pinterest, I’ll go ahead and share it since I just made it for the Thanksgiving holiday. If you don’t already have this yummy recipe you need to try it. It’s easy and delicious.
Here’s how I made it…
I started by adding some cream and whole corn, sour cream, eggs, melted butter and a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix to a mixing bowl…
I was lazy and used an electric mixer, but you can mix this up by hand in no time…
I poured the mixture in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish…
And baked it until the center was almost set, about 20 minutes…
Then I sprinkled on a bunch of sharp cheddar cheese and returned it to the oven…
Until the cheese had totally melted…
I let it set for at least five minutes before cutting and serving it… Yummy!!
Enjoy this quick and delicious Corn Pudding at your next holiday gathering!
Cindy @ My Country TablePrint
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained, 14-15 ounces
- 1 can cream style corn, 14-15 ounces
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package, 8 1/2 ounces, Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Mix well by hand or with an electric mixer. Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the center is almost set. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for about 15 additional minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Cheese can be omitted if you desire plain corn pudding.
- Serving Size: 12