Make these irresistible cookies while those yummy White Chocolate Easter M&M’s are here!
I love white chocolate, and I couldn’t wait until Easter candy recently showed up on my local grocery store shelves. I was looking for one particular Easter candy… White Chocolate M&M’s. My friend Lisa introduced me to these wonderful M&M’s last year about this time and the two of us finished off a bag of them within a couple of hours.
A few days ago, I mentioned to a couple of my friends, Jack and Bonita, that I hadn’t been able to find the white chocolate M&M’s yet this year, and I wanted to put them in some cookies. The next day, I received two bags of white chocolate M&M’s, one from Jack and one from Bonita. They wanted cookies!! Lol.
I adapted this recipe from my Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I replaced chocolate chips with white chocolate chips and those yummy white chocolate M&M’s. Oh, but wait…I’m not finished. One more yummy addition, coconut! That’s right. Have you ever tasted the combination of coconut and white chocolate? What a delicious combo. Now, if you’re just really not into coconut don’t worry…the coconut can be omitted. You can also add extra chocolate chips or macadamia nuts to up the YUM factor.
These cookies are soft and chewy and full of flavor…
- 2 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 - 8 ounce package Easter White Chocolate M&M's
- 3/4 - 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda and cornstarch in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, mix together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the vanilla, egg, egg yolk, and corn syrup and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add the M&M's and chocolate chips and mix in on low speed.
- Drop cookie dough, two inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets using a large cookie scoop.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are light golden brown on top, and centers are almost set in the centers. Do not bake any longer. Cookies will continue to bake on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to set on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Using a sharp metal spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cookies are completely cool, place cookies in an airtight container.
- Cookies will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- Yield is 20 large cookies if using a large cookie scoop.
- If you're not a fan of coconut, it can be omitted from recipe.
- Macadamia nuts are also a great addition to these cookies.