This Peaches & Cream Pie starts with a creamy mixture of half & half, sugar, cinnamon & vanilla. It gets poured over fresh Summer peaches and baked into a delectable creamy custardy peach pie that is to die for!
I think I’m probably the only person I know of that hates the heat of Summer. Over the past couple of years, I’ve gone from being an avid lover of playing in my flower beds to someone who doesn’t even want to pull a weed. The older I get the more I hate it. Don’t get me wrong, there are many things I do like about Summer, just not the heat and humidity.
I love to sit in the comfort of my cool house and look out the window at the hummingbirds at my hummingbird feeders and watch the butterflies land on my zinnia flowers. I even like watching Don out the window, as he’s mowing and weed eating, and I’ll even take him a cold drink every now and then. Okay, I’m really sounding lazy here so I’ll stop.
There are some other things I like about Summer, such as all of the “in season” fruits. Here lately, lots of blackberries and fresh peaches have made their way to my kitchen, and I sure haven’t complained.
This past weekend I had relatives in from California and our family got together at my house. I won’t tell you how many desserts covered my kitchen island, but I will tell you there were several pies and one of them was this delectable Peaches and Cream Pie made from fresh ripe juicy peaches. My mother always made this delicious pie, and over the years I’ve tweaked it and added more filling and peaches.
Oh yes…we also made a batch of my Peaches and Cream Ice Cream, but that’s a whole different cold and creamy story to talk about…
Let me tell ya about the custard filling. As you know, a touch of cinnamon is the perfect complement to peaches, but add it to this wonderful custard filling and OMG… I could just pour this filling in a glass and drink it before it even makes it to the oven to get baked into a blissful custard. The custard is made of half and half, sugar, cinnamon, and pure vanilla. Then it gets poured over lots of juicy fresh peaches. What could possibly be wrong with this combination? Nothing…
Next, this glorious combination gets poured into a pie shell and gets baked into a wonderful custard filling full of juicy peaches.
Have a PEACHY DAY!!!Print
This fresh peach pie has a sweet custardy filling with a touch of vanilla & cinnamon that blankets fresh juicy peaches.
- 1 nine inch pie shell, deep dish
- 4–5 large or 7 medium ripe peaches
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel peaches and slices into thick slices, about 3/4″ thick and set aside.
- Whisk the half & half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and flour together in a large bowl. Add the peaches and gently mix with a large spoon or spatula until all peaches are coated with the wet mixture. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Crimp or flute edges of pie crust and place foil around edges to prevent over browning. Place pie on a cookie sheet in case pie bubbles over.
- Bake for approximately 55-60 minutes until custard filling is set and peaches are tender. If peaches begin to brown on edges before custard is set, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Let pie cool to room temperature. If not serving the same day, refrigerate pie.
- Serve pie at room temperature or warm with ice cream.
- This pie will keep for up to two days at room temperature or up to five days if refrigerated.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: peaches and cream pie, peach pie, pie, summer pies, fruit pies,