These Grilled Chinese Chicken Kabobs are super tender and packed full of flavor from a perfect blend of ingredients. Everyone in your family will love these delicious chicken kabobs and you won’t have leftovers!
I’ll be the first to admit that I shy away from the grill. Any grilled food in my house gets grilled by my husband, Don, and when my friend Sandra gave me some of these grilled chicken kabobs to taste test, I knew he had to make them. These tender flavorful chicken kabobs get soaked in a marinade overnight and threaded onto skewers before grilling.
These chicken kabobs are so versatile. I love to serve them over rice with a green veggie on the side, but you can serve them any way you want.
There are two ingredients in the marinade that give this recipe Chinese flavor tones…
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
The first time I made this recipe, I didn’t have either of these two ingredients. The chicken was still wonderful but didn’t have that touch of Chinese flavor. In case you can’t find these two ingredients at your grocery store, the rice vinegar is next to regular vinegar and the sesame oil is in the Asian aisle.
This recipe was slightly adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff.Print
These Grilled Chinese Chicken Kabobs are soaked overnight in a delicious marinade, made of Asian sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick brown sugar bourbon seasoning
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds, skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size piece
- Mix together all ingredients except for the chicken in a medium bowl and transfer the mixture to a gallon-size resealable freezer bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Shake and manipulate the bag until all of the chicken is coated with the marinade mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Soak 5 to 6 long wooden skewers in water for at least 45 minutes. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Run each skewer through pieces of chicken until the skewer is 3/4 full of chicken. Discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken kabobs on a grill over medium heat. Cook until chicken is done, turning it once. This takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Test chicken by pulling one piece of chicken off of a skewer and breaking it apart.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Rice Vinegar can be found next to regular vinegar in your grocery store.
- Sesame Oil can be found in the Asian aisle in your grocery store.
- If you don’t have sesame oil, you can use canola oil in this recipe and it will still be good. I’ve done it in a pinch.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
Keywords: grilled chicken kabobs, chicken kabobs, Chinese chicken kabobs,